I don’t know about you, but I love anything cinnamon. If you do too, this is the perfect recipe. Yesterday, I made a nice loaf of cinnamon bread and we have a few leftover slices, so I decided to make some french toast for breakfast. Here are my usual proportions.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 thick slices of cinnamon bread
- powdered sugar
- Use a whisk or fork to break up the egg in a shallow bowl. Add the milk and vanilla slowly, then incorporate the cinnamon and salt.
- Preheat your pan on medium heat and add a little butter. Place a slice of bread into the egg mixture and coat on both sides. Add the bread to the pan and cook for about a minute to a minute and a half on each side.
- Plate the toast and garnish with powdered sugar. Serve with fresh berries and warm maple syrup.
- The amount of cinnamon you use depends on preference. As I said before, I love cinnamon, so I am a little heavy on it.
- You can use any type of fresh bread, preferably a day or two old so that it soaks up the maximum amount of egg mixture. I also like to use brioche for a little sweetness.
- Orange zest adds a nice tang to the coating if you have it on hand.